Take a closer look
The Rockwell Automation Bologna - Italy Competency Centre has been designed to help machine builders save time, money and resources by providing the engineering experience and support for their applications, and to provide optimum machine performance through advance testing and simulation processes.
The usage of Competency Centre is free of charge except for travel and accommodation cost.
Visitors can see a range of demonstrations relating to the automation industry: robotic demo such as Delta Robot and Scara Robot; Linear Motion Demo - Mechatronics; Process Control Demo; Integrated Architecture Demo Wall.
The purpose of the Machine Builders Competence center is to provide specific:
- Consultancy for new machine applications
- Machine architecture/design recommendations
- Code architecture
- Proof Of Concepts
- Resonant Load: Manually tune a servo system using a robust, repeatable method with a resonant mechanical load
- Winder/Unwind: Manually tune a servo system with a robust, repeatable method of tuning where inertia is changing
- Vertical Load: Manually tune a servo system where sizing is marginal, and in tuning cases where gravity can hamper progress
- Crank: Manually tune a servo system where the load is varying throughout the cycle and where motion is non-linear in its characteristics
- Rotary Knife: Utilise registration inputs to effectively track high speed products
With the motto “Take a closer look”, the OEM Competency Centre is well-equipped to support Rockwell Automation’s machine builder customers. In addition, the Center will also be used regularly for technology-related events as well as customer-related application workshops.